book reviews , different studio guests each week. Join us every Thursday between 12 and 1pm on Radio Scilly 107.9fm or log on to radioscilly.com.

Missed any programmes? See below for list of guests, books and other details discussed.

Thursday 21 May 2009

bookshow 14th May '09

This was a recorded show as showhost away to do with work. I used to think that recorded shows were easier but I now find them harder - 'there ain't nothing like the real thing baby1'.
My guests were, Corinna Christopher, & Lesley Jones (there should have been four guests but 2 jumped out at the last minute). This show is slightly different format as we are discussing mainly Jodie Picoult books (likes dislikes etc) If you have read any of her books and would like to add any comments or reviews then give us a ring on 01720 423417 or email: studio@radioscilly.com.
So why Jodie Picoult? Well at the last bookgroup meeting her name came up when favourite authors were mentioned and nearly everyone had read one or more of her books. So we will talk about the ones we liked first and then the ones we didn’t.
Before we start I must confess that I never knew how to pronounce Picoult, I said it different everytime I mentioned her, so I looked it up on her website, Picoult is pronounced Pee-koe. Now, nobody will know who we are talking about when we say it!
Our favourite books were 'My Sisters Keeper' & 'Plain Truth'. Linda Wornes wrote in to say her favourite was 'Perfect Match'.
Our least favourite were: 'Vanishing Act'(hard to get into, started to bore me and found myself skipping longwinded, overdiscriptive paragraphs).Lesley disliked 'Nineteen Minutes' but more because of its subject matter.

No comments: